1. Chlorine - majority of water purification plants use Chlorine to help purify the water before it heads to your house, but what you may not realize (and I didn't until recently) that when the water in your shower steams up it is actually releasing the Chlorine as a gas into the air, and this gas can be toxic and even deadly. Whoa! Yeah, that's what I said when my husband first told me about it, and then of course I had to go look it up for myself.
Here is an exerpt from a site I was reading it on. (Referenced from here)
"The chemical chlorine, used by water treatment facilities, reduces pathogenic bacteria in our water yet it’s byproducts are hazardous to our health. When chlorine reacts with organic matter in water it forms disinfectant byproducts, aka trihalomethanes (THMs) one of which is the cancer-causing chloroform.
It is often claimed that, when showering your pores open which leads to increased dermal absorption of toxic substances such as chlorine and its byproducts. By taking a shower without a water filter, you are even more susceptible to chlorine and chloramine than by merely drinking unfiltered water"
2. Feel Fitter, Stay Younger Looking Longer, & Other Health Benefits - by adding the simple shower filter you can actually feel fitter, stay younger looking longer and get relief from dry or irritating skin conditions. All these things are caused by that Chlorine gas byproduct we talked about just a moment ago.
3. Healthier Hair - no more dry brittle hair when you install your new shower filter your hair will be thankful as well.
4. Other possible contaminants lurking in your water -
- Copper and lead – in older homes with corroded pipes
- Germs that survive chlorination – waste products of people and animals
- Nitrates – from pesticide and fertilizer runoff
- Rocket fuel
- Pharmaceutical drugs – including antibiotics, sex hormones, anti-convulsants and mood stabilizers
We have been using the Geysa shower filter for a few weeks now and I can certainly see a difference in my hair and skin. I don't get dry skin on my hands as much as I typically did before the filter was installed. This brand of shower filter is really inexpensive as well which is a bonus. Don't take my word for it though research it yourself both the contaminants in your water and the shower filter.
If you are ready to purchase your shower water filter you can do so on Amazon.
*Disclaimer: I received this product at a discount in exchange for my honest and unbiased feedback.*